Over the weekend I had wonderful opportunity to attend and teach at a seminar in Shawano. Sensei Dave Nelson has been organizing a yearly seminar (this was the 4th year) to learn about and experience Zazen and Healing Arts. Shinzen (Sensei Nelson's Zen name) started the seminar with a little oral tradition and background about zen and his formal studies. Then he walked us through the etiquette and structure we would use during our meditation. After questions had been answered and everyone was comfortable, we sat for an hour and a half, during which we could take breaks as needed with a type of walking meditation to relieve aches and pains in the body. What a great experience, and some excellent realizations!! It was EXACTLY what I needed to get me started on a path to being more grounded and connected again after our crazy, hectic spring & summer. We then took a break for lunch and socializing - Kristie and Phil, black belts of Sensei Nelson, were up from Iowa, so it was great to reconnect with them.
In the afternoon, I got to do a little talking and presenting. I shared some of my background and how I got started on a healing path through massage. We then did some energy building, sensing, projecting, and communicating drills. The group had some fun experiences with that! I had the group use those principles and ideas to work some shoulder and back massage on each other. Turned out to be a pretty good experience, and I had a lot of fun working with everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment