We had a great day at Nordic! Sensei Jen, Sieg, Sarah, Gary, TJ, Billy (TJ's friend), and I made it out. TJ went out like an animal right away and then had to sit out the rest of the day with ice on his knee & head :) Sensei Jen was a great teacher and able to get me the basics out with no major catastrophes. It's been 9 years since she has been on her board, but it came back quick for her and she was playing around on the hills in no time. Gary and Sarah showed off their veteran skills. Sieg tore up the slopes on his short skis, and was more than happy on the dangerous looking runs. I was happy to be the white belt for the day and stick to the easy slopes. I had one hard hitting, airborne impact...missed a turn and picked up way to much speed, then caught an edge. Sensei Jen got to watch the whole thing from up the hill.
Poker at Sieg's later that night. Gary took all our money...and yes Sarah, he did smile and seemed to be having fun too :) Will made a good run at it, catching more flushes than anyone in history, and was rewarded with second place winnings. Sensei Jen took an impressive third...she's starting to get this poker thing figured out way better than I realized!
All around it was a great day with great people!
- Sensei Dan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment